Purpose and vision
ACS promotes the empowerment and emancipation of sex workers. Regardless of their gender, workplace or residence status. We do this by:
- Improving the physical health situation of sex workers
- Strengthening their psycho-social health
- Improving their social and employment status
- Identifying and addressing forms of violence and sexual exploitation
ACS assumes two core values around all its activities:
- Freedom of occupation (autonomy): every person has the right to freely choose and practise their occupation; there must never be exploitation or oppression in any form.
- Bodily integrity and resilience: every person has the right not to be violated. Autonomy must never degrade into being forced to perform or undergo actions. This requires resilience.