Hygiene and care
Hygiene and care of the neo-vagina
This means care for a neo-vagina is important to manage sebum build-up which can cause problems. These include:
- Rinse your vagina internally once a week (increasing frequency if there is a strong odour).
- Only rinse with water!
- Use a vaginal douche with a cannula which you can insert.
- After rinsing, apply some oil or calendula cream to the vagina. This will prevent softening and the skin from sticking together. However, it is then important to use condoms that can withstand this.
- Use a hormone cream that promotes blood flow to the vagina.
Hygiene and care
of the anus
Adult stores catering to the sex industry will sell anal rinsing enemas. There are various enemas, either a Microlax or a water enema using a water tube.
It is important to note that anal rinsing also has disadvantages. It can disrupt the bacterial balance that are necessary for the healthy functioning of your bowels. In addition, rinsing can cause small wounds. This increases your risk of contracting HIV or an STI.
When you do not have to rinse
- When you don’t feel like you need to defecate. The end of your bowel is then usually empty.
- When the penis of the person you are having sex with is average-sized. In that case, it usually does not reach where your stool sits.
- If you usually defecate at the same time and already have done it before sex.
How do you clean the inside of the anus?
- With a rinsing rod. You attach it to your shower hose with the head twisted off.
- With a hand pump.
Use only water, never anything else. Your intestines can’t handle anything else. It can lead to abdominal pain and increases the chance of an STI.
Do not share the items you use to rinse the inside of your anus with others. If you need to, always ensure they are disinfected and cleaned before and after allowing someone else to use it
Rinse your anus with a rinsing rod, shower hose or pump:
- Rinse 1 hour before you have sex. This gives time for all unclean water to leave the anus.
- Ensure you have already done a bowel movement (poop) – avoid straining as it can create small tears (fissures) in your anus.
- Apply a little lubricant in your anus and on the end of the flushing rod or pump. This will make flushing easier. Lubricants made from silicone are better.
- Ensure that the water pressure is not high as it can damage your intestines and bowels. The water should be lukewarm.
- Try to relax so that your anus is not too tight. Carefully insert the flushing rod or pump into your anus. Exhale as you do this.
- Let the water flow in slowly, until it feels like your bottom is full of water. If you are new to this, start with short session.
- Then sit on the toilet and relax your anus. Let the water run out with the.
- It can be helpful to flush a few times in a row so you can tell when the water running out is cleaner than when you started.
- Don’t start having sex right away. Sit on the toilet again half an hour later. Is there still water in your bowel? Let this come out slowly. Does no more water come out? Then you are ready and can have sex.
How do you clean your rinsing gear?
- Place your rinsing rod or hand pump in a large bowl of water with a splash of bleach. You can buy bleach in the supermarket.
- Let it soak for 5 minutes..
- Remove the items from the container – bleach is a cleaning agent, so it is helpful to either use tongs or gloves.
- Rinse everything well with clean running water. (Do a good job as bleach is not meant to be in your body.).
If the items are fully metal, you can also clean them by boiling them for 5 minutes.
Disadvantages of anal flushing
- If the pressure of the running water is too hard/fast, or you squeezed your pump too hard, you may cause wounds in your bowels and more easily get an STI.
- When you flush your bowels, good bacteria are also flushed and these keep your intestines healthy. If you flush too often, you may cause lingering intestinal problems and have a higher risk of contracting an STI.
- If you flush too deeply, you may overstimulate your intestines and often have to defecate instead.
- Did someone cum inside you? Then don’t rinse again. You will flush the semen further inside and increase the risk of STIs.
So do NOTflush:
- With too much water pressure
- Too often (we advise no more than twice a week)
- Too deep
- Straight after sex
- Use a stool (squatty potty) under your feet when sitting on the toilet when defecating to avoid straining your sphincter muscle.
- Don’t push too hard. This will prevent wounds and or haemorrhoids.
- Eat high-fibre food so your poo is not too hard.
- Pat your anus clean with toilet paper and try not to wipe too hard.
- Check yourself from time to time by feeling and looking with a mirror.
Start & Stop
When you start with sex work there are several things you need to think about. Quitting sex work can also raise many questions.
Perhaps you have experienced something bad, in your private life or at home. It could have been a recent event or even some time ago. Has a client crossed your boundaries?
It can be difficult to deal with less or little money. This can potentially lead to debt or other money problems.